Sunday, January 10, 2010

January 10, 2010

YEAH!!! Snoopy dancing here on Green Acres for I have finished piecing my Harvest 9 Patch quilt top. This pattern was designed by Nancy Davis Murty at Bee Creative Studio. I have posted photos in my January 2010 Sewing folder. The other quilt top I did of hers is the Flying Home Quilt. I think out of the 2 quilt patterns that I used of hers, I may have found 1 mistake, and I am not even positive about that one. That is one of the nicest features of buying her patterns. After a while, I am totally disgusted with the mistakes I find in patterns, sometimes I find I have to redesign around due measurement/fabric calculations. I wish designers would take the the saying "Check twice, cut once" to heart with their patterns, after all patterns and fabric are not a cheap purchase. (ok, I will get off my soapbox) I do like her Harvest Home Fabric Collection, I just don't see how she has set it together in a quilt or project. I will have to keep this fabric line in mind when looking at new patterns. I will now be working on my January Challenge which is to finish the quilting on my Peeled Back quilt. I will post a picture of it when I have it laid out later.

I am going to be powering down my sewing room for a couple of hours and do some light picking up and putting away around here. I have the bedding stripped from our bed, washed and waiting to go back on. So I might as well dust, and vacuum the house too. I really want to rearrange the living room, but I think I will need help for that so it may have to wait.

It was Zero degrees this morning at 6:57 AM when Nick left to go Ice Fishing at Red's landing and I headed into the sewing room and now 5 hours later it is a whopping 21 degrees above zero. Hopefully Nick is catching a few for supper tomorrow night. Today will be great day to run my oven, and clean out a couple of closets I think. So I am headed that way.
Talk to you later.
Connie

No comments: