Saturday, January 9, 2010

Out with 2009 and in with 2010

Where to start... 2009 is over (PERIOD)! With so much happening in 2009, I think back to a few moments of 2009, many more important than others, and I am sure that after I post this I will think of others that should have been listed. Some of our 2009 moments were bad, some very bad, some good and some very good. Between our country swearing in a young president, the ecomony tanking, our loved ones experiencing being layed off for the first time, our local state governor being impeached, gaining a daughter-in-law Stacie, celebrating our niece Sara's wedding, losing our sweetie Rowan, and mourning with my family over the loss of Grandma Anderson, and my Aunt Mary, finding out that Nick and I will be grandparents, and that my Uncle Bernard became a grandparent for the 3rd, 4th and 5th time in just a few short weeks (amazing).

2010 doesn't seem to be starting out that much different for many of us, but I have strong hopes and wishes that we will all enjoy positive events in our lives in the next months.

On my Mom's side of the family (Reinert) I have heard there will be 5 new babies in 2010, with our grandchild being the last of the 5 born in July 2010. My first cousin Tom, my first cousin Carleen and I will all become Grandparents for the first time, my first cousin Debbie will become GREAT Grandma, and Carleen's brother will be having a little one as well. So yes, that means Carleen will become a new Aunt and Grandma within months.
New little ones, always makes us look forward and upwards! I am so looking forward to the first time those little ones all meet each other. Then with the 3 new ones of my first cousin Katie's and first cousin Josh's (Uncle Bernard's new grandbabies), the Reinert clan will have added 8 new names to the family tree. And these are only the ones we know of right now. 2010 is still very young.

This past year my sisters, Cathy and Colleen have stumbled into my world of sewing. They both have fired up their sewing machines and are cranking out new and very creative projects. Here is a link to Colleen's site and I will add Cathy's once I find out where Cathy is hiding hers at.

I hope to post more of my work to this blog, so yes that would be my New Year's resolution "To do a better job and be more timely about my blogging". You may only get brief photos and quick updates on several projects because I work on several projects at the same time. AND YES I know, I know "why would a sane person do that?" But HEY! thanks for the compliment (you do think I am sane right?) but I will try to post what I have sewn on. I truly try to sew at least 15 minutes a day, even if that is hand sewing on a quilt binding. So I am headed into my sewing room shortly with my camera to snap photos of what is on my design wall, what I worked on over the new year holiday, and what is piled on my cutting table.

January is a tough month for many of our loved ones, and I think of them daily. It is the month of past memories that we reflect on in our moments of silence. We may not speak of it, but our thoughts and prayers and tears are with you during this month.

Love you all very much,
Connie

No comments: