Thursday, January 28, 2010

January 27, 2010

I haven't fallen off the end of the world, just have been swamped with work commitments and a very busy weekend. Let's start off from the last post, last Thursday evening, I spent a very relaxing and enjoyable night with my Challenge girlfriends, visiting and enjoying a Show and Tell that was fantastic. Here is just a brief listing of some of the show and tell:

The Colonies quilt, Kansas Troubles quilt, Tom's or was it Nick's quilt and the Heart Assoc. Auction quilt, the UFO finishes by someone cleaning her sewing room, the paper pieced New York Beauty blocks, a Turkey Wall hanging, the applique work on a WIG, the small UGRR wall hanging, a Rooster Quilt, a Cubbie fans quilt, and so much more. I can't believe how much was a accomplished in 2 months by us when looking at all the hours of work that we had committed to. I know that I am missing many, but a week ago was a long time in this old memory. I need to take a camera next month...(note to self)

On Friday evening Nick and I attended the rehearsal dinner of Erik's best friend, Chris Federle. It was held at Castelli's (aka Moonlight), it was a wonderful evening celebrating the upcoming wedding of Mary and Chris. Food, service and fellow quests all added to a very relaxing evening.

On Saturday, we attended the wedding and reception of Chris and Mary. I think they have dated for over 8 years, and it was so nice to see them speak their vows to each other. Chris just lives around the corner here in the country from us, and I think Erik may have slept at their house as much as mine for a couple of years. Frankie, Chris's mom considers Erik as her other son. Erik was in the wedding, so Stacie got to hang with our girls most of the day.
Sunday was a quiet day here, it was 1 year ago on Sunday that our niece Rowan gained her Angel wings, and so we reflected on her quietly here at the house. My sister Colleen wrote about "Ro-Therapy" on her blog that I would like to share. "Rowan had the ability to wash away your woes, and redirect you to what mattered the most by her smile, coo and little pats." Those words were very comforting to me as I read them because they explained how you felt in the company of our Rowan. Please take this moment to stop and say a quick prayer for Bryan, Colleen, Laurel, and Rowan's grandparents and extended family. This week is very difficult for all of them, and they are very much in my thoughts and prayers right now.

Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday it was heads down at work for me. I had 2 major and very high priority different project deadlines. I worked mega hours on them for me to meet the first checkpoint in the process... so what I meandered down to... is.... I have not touched my sewing area since last Wednesday, more than 7 days ago except to clean up a little... This is what I ended up with when the girls started the CLOSET Cleanout project, which amounted to move crap (aka STUFF) from their closets to my sewing room. Is this ClOSET CLEANOUT finished, oh no, but my sewing room was the defined "dumping ground" should not receive any more ILLEGAL dumpings. I have started emptying out the tubs, and deciding if what was in them I wanted or should I pitch to another "cause". Oh by the way, I did find my AMISH Quilt kit, so I did get a bonus out this "PROJECT". I hope to find my 15 minutes of sewing time in the next couple of days so I will let you know then what I worked on when I find that 15 minutes.
Nick's foot is no better after being on Celebrex for 2 weeks, so we will be heading back to the foot doc on Saturday morning. I will let you know if they plan on more tests, or if we will be casting up that puppy from the knee down. I think Nick is more receptive to the cast idea now that deer season is over...LOL
I am headed to bed to get up in a couple of hours to start a new day, I hope to have good news for you the next time I post, but I need to confirm something before I publicly make the announcement...LOL yes that was designed to leaving you hanging...
Take care and chat at you later!
Connie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is lovely. Thank you.